Monday, December 1, 2008

7 YEARS

Today the wife and I are in North Georgia - tucked away in a cozy cabin watching the first snow fall. The occasion - 7 years of marriage.

They say something happens at 7 years... you're supposed to get some kind of an itch... wanting more, something different, someone different. Can't say 7 years has had that effect on me. Sorry world.

In fact, to be perfectly honest - every year has gotten better. We are becoming more understanding and more gracious, which goes a long way. My tip for the day.

Now, I must turn off the computer, heat up the jacuzzi, and stoke the fire... my lady awaits.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My husband and I divorced after 7 years of marraige. We were apart for 6 long miserable years before God brought us back together 3 years ago this month. It was the best Christmas gift ever, for us and our daughter, who is now 15. We have a whole new appreciation and deeper love for one another. Turned out what we were looking for was right where we had left it.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence! Today is our 1 year, 3 months, and 21 day anniversary. Congratulations bro!

lisi said...

happy 7th may's!
so glad you have time together!!
hope for many more memories for you both.. :-) with thanks!

Travis said...

Is someone going to be a medieval knight this weekend? You're welcome for unpacking that box for you! My tip of the day: Starting a church with one kid is hard work...I think you get the rest:o

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We feel so blessed to have such good friends who value marriage as we do! we love you both!

Unknown said...

As Rhonda and I approach 26 years of marriage and 32 years of devotion to only each other, I only have one word of advice: when the itch becomes unbearable apply ointment in generous portions; otherwise just install a scratching post! Congratulations.

Keith U.

Anonymous said...

Happy 7th!

Bill said...

Just read your most recent post (Job) and then this post where you said that after 7 years of marriage they say you "get some kind of an itch." Well, I'd say you got it! :-)