Wednesday, December 31, 2008

CLOSING OUT 2008

Well, the year is almost over. I never thought it would end - not that it's been bad, by any means. 2008 gave my wife and I our first child and has allowed us to step into a new dream. But, I am ready for 2009. A lot has gone into preparing for this coming year and it's time to get on with it!

Selina and I decided to spend our last day of 2008 at Rock City with Gannon, taking in the Enchanted Lights. It was cold, but a great little getaway... and yes, I'm wearing a Georgia Bulldogs toboggan in the picture - NOT because I'm a fan, merely because it was a gift from my father-in-law and is my son's monogram... although, I did have some guy at Rock City tell me I would be going to heaven for wearing that hat - an interesting theology.

At any rate, having now returning from Rock City, we are settling in for the night with a hot chocolate and old reruns of the Twilight Zone. To be honest, we may end up sleeping in the new year - parenting will do that to you.

But, tomorrow brings a new day and a new year - and oh, what a year it shall be!

4 comments:

Travis said...

I turned off the TV at 11:35 and headed to bed...almost made it this year. It definitely changes things when you know the kids are still going to get you up at the same time.

lisi said...

love the picture! so glad to see you all smiling and i'm sure preparing now, for the net, and all that starts this new beginning... bless you 3!

Anonymous said...

I bought my ticket yesterday to come to Chattanooga for your First Sunday! I attend Seacoast (Longpoint) and have for over a year. I do love it so! TJ and Victoria are our dear friends and I wouldn't want to miss it! See you in two weeks.

Sherry

The Reverend of Rock and Roll said...

I think your New Years resolution should be to call your old friends back every once in a while. Maybe you could find time in between producing videos for your awesome new website.

If you don't, God might give you boils again.



Rob