Saturday, May 10, 2008

ARE WE THERE YET?

We've all said those words growing up, in the car, on vacation... That pretty much sums up my feelings right now. I'm glad we have moved toward starting the church at a manageable pace. I am grateful for this time to flesh out the vision God has given us and be able to build a solid team. But, at this point, I'm like an 8-year-old sitting in front of the tree, two weeks before Christmas, staring at a wrapped box that almost reaches the ceiling with MY name on it!

Some nights I cannot sleep. My mind races about what will be. Daily I find myself furiously scratching out thoughts... often, my hand cramps as it tries to keep up with my brain. I have on more than one occasion called out to God, "Please, no more... I cannot handle one more picture of what you desire to do!" I feel like John on the Isle of Patmos... "When I saw and heard these things I feel down to worship... Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!!"

I hope you are as excited as we are. I hope all of you who will be joining us on this great adventure fully understand the magnitude of what we are doing. I hope you feel as humbled and honored as I do to be used by God in such a magnificent way.

Even today, plans are being made, members are moving in on the city, and soon we will be together - working as one, for one purpose. Until that day, pray... pray hard! Do not lose sight of the vision... and "may the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you all!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan May! I had no idea you turned into a church planter! We are a crazy bunch of fools for Jesus, my friend. I would love to catch up with you some day, but we are in Seattle...a bit of a commute from Chatt. I know what your life must feel like right now, but I would love to hear from you when you get a chance (dustin@holyseed.cc). I'm praying with you bro!