Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Hint of Things to Come

Today I was catching up on some blogs I like to follow. Came across a post by Craig Groeschel of lifechurch.tv entitled Letting Go of What Other People Think. I liked it. And it fits somewhat with this weekend's message, so I'm sharing his post below. Hope you enjoy it and will be with us Sunday!

Becoming obsessed with what people think about you is the fastest way to forget what God thinks about you.

My mom taught me the common truth, “You can’t please everyone.”

From my observation, ministers seem to be more vulnerable to people-pleasing than most professions.

In reality, we should be the most resolved of all not to live for the applause of men but the approval of God.
  • Don’t let anyone talk you out of following God’s voice.
  • Don’t let anyone’s criticism distract you from your passion.
  • Don’t long for affirmation before you move forward.
Say what God prompts you to say. Go where God leads you to go. Do what God puts on your heart. Let go of living for people. Become obsessed with living for God.

1 comment:

JeniferRiddle said...

Reminds me of a quote we have hanging on our fridge (and that I have copied on Abby's mirror as well) that reads "Your value is not based on opinion." ~ Andrew Schwab http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/deeper-walk/blog/17961-i-fear-that-im-ordinary-just-like-everyone-